Welcome Fellow Expendable.
We are EXPENDABLE AMERICANS according to the top 1%.
All Animals are created equal, some animals are more equal than others. --George Orwell
Throughout this site you will see this link icon. Clicking will take you to an outside source for more information.
Preface: I am not opposed to wealth, hard work should be rewarded. But when you begin to worship wealth and covet it to the extent you reach an excess and still pursue more and more with no regard for how your pursuit affects others, you have a MENTAL problem that is dangerous to society. What could you possibly need all that money for that you cannot already purchase?
Oxfam's research has shown that, since the turn of the century, the poorest half of the world's population has received just 1% of the total increase in global wealth, while the top 1% received 50% of the increase.
I am assuming most wealthy people are not interested in what I or most Americans think or say.
How about a few facts to put you 'a" mood.
- 2015: America's net worth reached all time high of $84.9 Trillion dollars.
- 1% of Americans own almost 40% of that total leaving the bottom 80% just 7%.
- Top 0.1% of Americans own as much as the bottom 90%
- The networth and income of most American workers has declined.
- The average corporate CEO earns in one hour (347:1) as much as the typical American worker earns in an entire year.
- Just 5 men world wide (most Americans) own as much wealth as 50% of the entire world's population combined.
- Top 1% hold as much wealth as the next 99% combined.
Since the Bush recession, the rebound in jobs is real...except that most of those jobs went to low paid workers
while over 90% of the income went to the top 10% with a full 20+% of ALL income going to the top 1%.
- America's middle class has been surpased by China's middle class in numbers.
- Causes of the French Revolution
Did you know that the top 5% owns 60% of all stocks and bonds while the bottom 60% own just 2.5%.
*A third of all Americans have zero savings.
*Do I have your attention?
* NOTE: Facebook is there but due to still-unresolved bugs on FB you may get a "Page Not Found" error. The message is an error because my page is there. You may need to log in to see it. Don't ask why because FB developers have ignored this bug for years and never bothered to respond to reports from users.